The Samsung Europa only has a two megapixel camera and so it’s not a camera phone that is going to replace your standard digital snapper. Nevertheless, there are a few things that you can do to improve the photos that you take using this mobile phone.
Understand the layout of the camera phone
The most important thing for improving Samsung Europa photos is to understand the layout of the camera screen options. When you look at the Samsung Europa camera in landscape view, you will see that there are four icons each on the left and right sides as well as an information bar of icons on the top of the screen.
Left side icons
The icons on the left side of the camera screen are as follows (from top to bottom):
- Shooting Mode. By selecting this icon you can choose different shooting modes, allowing you to take better photos depending on the setting that you’re in.
- Night Shot Mode. Simply touch this icon if you want to improve the photos that you are taking at night with your Samsung Europa.
- Resolution. This icon is an important one. You can change and improve the resolution of photos by changing this setting. A higher resolution will usually give you a better photo.
- Camera Settings. This icon that looks like a cog wheel is very important because this is where you can go to change the advanced settings of the camera. Once you enter this area you can greatly improve your pictures by changing the white balance, setting the ISO sensitivity, applying special effects (such as sepia tones), selecting a new metre exposure and choosing a new quality level for your photos.
Right side icons
On the right side of the camera you will see the following icons (from top to bottom):
- Camcorder. Press this button to switch from camera to camcorder on your Samsung Europa.
- Timer. Take photos with yourself in them by using the self timer on this camera.
- Brightness. Improve the quality of your photos by increasing (+) or decreasing (-) the brightness using this icon.
- View your last photo. Use this bottom right icon to make sure that the last picture turned out the way that you wanted it.
Top screen information bar icons
At the top of the Samsung Europa’s camera screen is a lot of helpful information. From left to right you’ll find:
- Exposure Metre Type
- Number of Photos You Can Take Based on Available Memory
- Storage Location
This information allows you to easily see if you need to change the resolution or exposure to get a better quality photo from your Samsung Europa.
Zoom on Samsung Europa
Finally, note that you can zoom in and out with this camera using the up and down volume buttons of the phone when preparing to take your picture.