If you meet a lot of people who give you a business card, it’s easy to end up with a stack of them to input into the Contacts file on your phone; not the most exciting thing to do! Business card capture software is a popular addition to many phones and the HTC HD Mini is one. Called WorldCard Mobile, a simple picture of a business card is all that’s needed to avoid all that text input.
All you need to do is to follow these simple instructions:
- Grab a business card and your HD Mini.
- Press Start.
- Tap Tools, then WorldCard Mobile.
- Once the program has started, look for the icon that resembles a camera with the word ‘start’ underneath it, and tap it.
- Point the camera lens at the card, ensuring there is plenty of light and no shadows over the card itself, then press the Capture button. It looks like a slightly open lens.
- With the photo taken, check the quality and either select Recognize to continue or Re-Capture to try again.
- By tapping Recognize, the phone extracts all the pertinent information from the card and displays it for you to check. If everything is correct, tap Export.
- The new contact details have been added to your Contacts.