Your phone only works as well as you know how to use it. Since contacts are probably one of the most important parts of your Motorola DEXT, follow these tips to get the most out of them:
- Learn to search contacts easily. Hold the menu key to open the display keypad on your DEXT. Start typing a contact name, then simply drag the list down until you find the right one.
- Change views. When viewing your contacts, you can change how the names are displayed. At the bottom of your screen you will see that you have three viewing options; history (most recently used first), A-Z (standard alphabetical order) or status (A-Z order including current status). Simply hit the one that works for you and you’re away.
- Use contact information for more efficient calling. The Motorola DEXT uses Motoblur which imports information about your contacts from various sources. You can use this to make contacting your friends more convenient by choosing to see their history, info or status updates.
- Make sure to link your contacts. Since Motoblur imports so much information, it may not realise that Joe Bloggs on Facebook is the same Joe in your phonebook and will therefore list him as two separate contacts. You can link this information together by opening the first contact, press menu, choose “link contact” and find the second. All of Joe Bloggs’ info will now be stored in the same place.
- Learn to filter your contacts. To cut down search time you might want to add filters so only your Facebook friends appear in the contact screen. To set this up click on the filter at the top and choose “Facebook” (or whichever one you want).
- Use groups. If you’re the organised type then the ‘groups’ feature might be just your thing. It lets you separate work, family and friends regardless of where their contact information is coming from. Once in contacts, go to Menu, choose “add group” and “add new member”, all that’s left to do now is get organising!