For this you’ll need an Android mobile phone running at least v1.6, although this was originally a v2.0 app. We had a quick look at My Sign for the Motorola Milestone recently, where a sign ‘drawn’ on the touchscreen would take you directly to an application, but here is one which performs a search instead.
Performed by a Google Labs application, Google Gesture Search recognises the letter you scrawl on the screen, digs about inside your phone to find relevant results and then displays them on screen.
- Download the Gesture Search application over at Google Labs and install it on your Android phone.
- Start the application when you want to search your phone.
- Draw letters on the centre of the screen, as big as you like!
- Results will come back from your contacts, applications, bookmarks and music collection.
Here are a couple of handy bonus gestures which work too:
- Swipe left to right to erase your search and start the whole process from the beginning.
- Swipe right to left to delete one character.
The more you use Gesture Search, the more familiar it becomes with your phone, improving results every time.