Ever since the LG Viewty was released about a year ago, people who are interested in the most cutting-edge new phones have been speculating as to what type of phone LG would use to replace this leading camera phone. The answer is the LG KC910 (also known as the Renoir), a much more advanced phone in terms of the camera features and video recording features available on the phone which LG announced today would be available from the beginning of October. This new phone is considered to be the flagship phone for the Korean handset manufacturer. Since there aren’t too many phones on the market that can truly compete with it on the level of being an advanced camera phone, the LG KC910 is a phone that people are excited to hear is set to be released soon.
Overview of LG KC910 Renoir
The main reason that a cell phone consumer is going to be interested in purchasing the new LG KC910 as soon as it gets released is because this phone is a leading phone in terms of being a camera phone. The advanced camera features of the new phone make it so that it can replace a fully-functional stand-alone digital camera while adding the calling features of your basic mobile phone. The GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth features of the phone make it an up-to-date calling device. This means that those people seeking to reduce the number of gadgets that they carry around without reducing the quality of use that they get from their gadgets will find the LG KC910 Renoir to be appealing. Those people who are already familiar with the LG Viewty and who are fans of the phone are also going to be interested in the new phone because the LG KC910 has the same features that made the Viewty outstanding in its time but it ups the ante in terms of those features as well as the addition of new features.
LG KC910 as part of LG Lineup
The LG KC910 Renoir is designed to replace the LG Viewty in the lineup of LG camera phones as well as to serve as the flagship phone for the handset maker. The Viewty impressed camera phone owners when it was released last year but the standards for digital cameras have advanced a lot in that short period of time; the LG KC910 is designed as an upgrade which includes those advances in its design. It has the same features that were appealing to the people who like the Viewty – such as the touchscreen and the video camera features – but it also has more to offer than what the previous LG phones have been capable of due to its freshness in the market.
LG has started to gain a name for itself in the camera phone market. This is because of the company’s focus on making sure to be always up-to-date in terms of the digital camera features that are available on a phone. If an advance is made in digital camera technology, LG looks at how to incorporate that into the design of a cell phone. Moreover, LG has not stuck with just offering high-quality photo-taking abilities but has branched out to also offer high-quality video recording on the company’s camera phones. This is all reflected in the most up-to-date manner possible with the upcoming release of the LG Renoir.
Camera Features of LG KC910 Renoir
The main selling feature of the LG KC910 Renoir really is the camera aspect of the phone. Someone would be unlikely to purchase this phone for a primary reason other than to take advantage of the advanced camera features that it offers. Pure and simple, this is a really great camera phone that can completely replace the average person’s standard digital camera. Some of the camera features of the phone that really stand out are:
- 8 Megapixels. This is a full-featured eight megapixel camera. While stand-alone digital cameras are starting to get up into the 10 megapixel-and-up range, the eight megapixel camera is still considered very advanced for a phone-based camera. In fact, there are very few eight megapixel cameras on the market today, although it is the level of camera that manufacturers are now starting to look at making standard. Those people who are interested in taking photos for publication on microstock photo sites would be capable of doing so with the LG Renoir which isn’t typically true of camera phones and would not have been true for people using the LG Viewty so that gives you an idea of how much the camera phones by LG have advanced in the past year.
- Face detection. This is considered to be a standard feature of digital cameras today but it is something that is still being worked into the design of camera phones in order to allow for the user to easily take high-quality, highly-focused photos. The LG KC910 has got this feature. It doesn’t just end with simple face detection either; this phone actually has advanced blink detection and smile detection features that make it really easy for the amateur photographer to always get a great shot with this phone.
- Digital image stabilizer. Most of the pictures that people take from their camera phones (or even from the majority of digital cameras) are a little bit shaky which reduces the quality of the photo. A built-in digital image stabilizer makes sure that isn’t the case with the images taken on the LG Renoir. This is a feature that was really appreciated by camera phone users who bought the LG Viewty and is something that should be considered a requirement for most people buying a camera phone today.
- Xenon flash. This advanced flash allows the user to take high-quality pictures with the LG KC910 regardless of whether photos are being taken indoors or outdoors, in low light or glaring light. This is an improvement over other camera phones including the LG Viewty.
- Schneider-Kreuznach lens. This company is known for being highly-innovative in the design of its photographic lenses so it is exciting to see the lens being incorporated into the camera phone on the LG KC910 Renoir. This really marks the transition from a camera being one feature on a mobile phone to the phone really doubling as a great camera.
Multimedia Playback on LG KC910 Renoir
In addition to the camera features of the LG KC910 Renoir, there are also advanced features on this phone which make for great viewing of the photos that are taken with the phone. Additionally there are other advanced multimedia features that really turn the LG KC910 Renoir into so much more than just a calling device. In fact, the majority of reports that you’ll read about the LG Renoir describe it not as a camera phone but rather as an “all-in-one phone” due primarily to the advanced multi-media capabilities of the phone. Some of those features include:
- TV output features. This allows for the camera phone to be connected to the television in your home so that you can view the photos that you have taken on the television itself rather than only on the camera’s screen.
- Video recording abilities. In addition to being able to take and view great pictures on the camera, you can also record high-quality videos using the LG Renoir. It has the capability of recording in VGA resolution at 30fps or in slow-motion QVGA at 120fps. These videos can be played back on the large touchscreen available on the phone or they can be played through the aforementioned TV output feature. This is a really notable feature of the phone because it’s something that sets the LG camera phones apart from the competition. That has been true of previous LG camera phones, including the LG Viewty, and therefore it seems to be something that the company is really focusing on making an outstanding feature of their phone lineup. As the new flagship phone, the LG Renoir will set the modern standard for this feature.
- Multimedia player. The most obvious multimedia feature of the phone is the fact that it actually comes with a built-in multimedia player. It will reportedly have both DivX and XviD support for playback of videos on the phone.
- Dolby sound. The multimedia player includes mp3-playing capabilities that have advanced sound features because of the incorporation of Dolby sound into the device.
Other Important Features of LG KC910 Renoir
Although the camera phone and multimedia phone features are the main reason that someone would seek to purchase the LG KC910 Renoir, there are plenty of other features that make it so that someone wants to use this as a phone and not just as a camera. Here is a look at some of the other features of the phone that the average user would be likely to appreciate:
- Wi-Fi. Most people these days don’t really want a phone that can’t access the Internet. You don’t have to worry about that with the LG Renoir which is Wi-Fi-enabled. This is a quad-band GSM phone with HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and the Wi-Fi is built right in. What this means is that connectivity for this phone is going to be really high.
- GPS. The LG Renoir has built-in GPS features which is practically mandatory on a cell phone these days because of the desire of many users to make use of the geolocation services that are becoming increasingly available for mobile phones. This is also particularly great on a camera phone since it means that there is the potential to be able to do geotagging of pictures for easy organization and uploading to social media image-sharing sites.
- Bluetooth 2.0. For those people who need to know about the Bluetooth capabilities of their phone, it’s good to know that the LG Renoir is definitely up to date in this area.
- Potential for 8 GB of memory. There is a microSD slot on the LG Renoir that makes it so that the camera can hold a potential 8GB of card-based memory.
Design of LG KC910 Renoir
The thing that most people really want right now with a phone is a touchscreen and that’s what you’re going to get if you purchase the LG Renoir. This allows for a 3-inch display at a resolution of 400 x 241 dpi which is considered a great design choice for the multimedia purposes that the phone will be used for. At fourteen millimeters in thickness (or rather in thinness), this is a phone that’s thin despite its advanced functionality; in fact, it is the thinnest eight megapixel phone to be released to the market to date. With aluminum casing and a hardened glass display, it is considered to be a lightweight phone that is really stylish and modern in appearance.
The really exciting part of the design of the new LG Renoir is that rumors have it that it will have a completely newly redesigned interface. The company has been very quiet about what exactly this means so everyone who knows about this phone is interested in this aspect of the new device. The hope is that the new interface is user-friendly but innovative. It looks like that’s something that won’t be clear to consumers until the product hits the shelves, though, because LG won’t say a word about it beyond that it’s newly designed.
Release Date and Details for LG KC910 Renoir
There has not yet been an official released date announced for the LG Renoir but it has been stated that it is slated for an October release which means that an official release date should be just around the corner. It is not yet clear what the markets are where this phone will be available when it does get released by the Korean handset manufacturer.
Summary of LG KC910 Renoir
The LG Renoir is really leading the way in terms of advanced camera phones entering the market this year. There aren’t too many competitors in terms of an eight megapixel, full-feature camera phone. Add in the fact that the LG Renoir has advanced video-recording features along with multi-media playback features and you’re looking at a phone that can really do it all in this multimedia world. The handset doesn’t scrimp on the basics, though; it can do all of the calling and Internet-based things that you want your mobile phone to be capable of doing. For those people who want a phone that can do a lot and do it well – with a particular emphasis on the camera phone features of the device – this is definitely one of the phones to be eyeing for late 2008.